Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Protecting our Boday - Wigglesworth


Wigglesworth was very practical. I remember one occasion when I was about to  leave his home after visiting on a cold, wet evening. He put his hands upon me in  blessing, then counseled, “Keep that coat well buttoned, and get that collar up.  Look after that body. It does not belong to you; it belongs to the Lord. And you will  be answerable for it at the judgment.”  

Wigglesworth absolutely opposed the thinking of those who expected their Lord  to heal them after doing as they liked with their bodies. He had no sympathy for  those who were sick as a result of their own folly. 

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...