Monday, January 7, 2019

Describe Yourself for Job Interviews & Resumes and Online Dating

Describe Yourself for Job Interviews & Resumes and Online Dating


For very different reasons, both sets of interviewers were looking for a perfect fit


Learning how to describe yourself accurately is something we usually have to put some effort into.
This seems to be especially true in most western cultures, where being honest about our skills, qualities, and attributes can be confused with being arrogant, "blowing your own trumpet," and being excessively self-indulgent.
Ready, Scroll down for a list of  adjectives to help you describe yourself.
If we do learn to describe ourselves, we can become being our own confidence guru and simply acknowledge and appreciate our own positive qualities.
1. Top Performer
I want to be judged by individual performance and I want to be rewarded for my efforts based on my work executed.
2. Goal Oriented
I am modest, but hard working and I consistently sets firm goals for myself.
Then, once I've defined the benchmarks, I take the necessary steps to achieve those milestones.
 
3. Leadership
I am a person who is able to control a situation rather than have a situation control me.
4. Revenue Generator
"I am confident in my abilities to produce and while I prepare for the worst, I do the work necessary to tilt the odds that the best will happen."
5. Vision for Success
"I seek to work for a successful company that has strong leadership and vision and who recognizes and rewards performers."
6. Growth and Development
"I am someone who is consistently growing themselves and who takes the time to continue learning even though it's not a direct requirement of the job. I find that many times it's a combination of what you study both, directly and indirectly, related to work."
7. Customer Focused
"Someone who has a consultative selling style and who is concerned with the clients' needs - consistently asking questions to uncover what the client truly wants than being able to meet those requirements."
8. Positive Self-Starter
"Someone who thinks positively and who can execute on difficult tasks. I'm not an individual who needs to be micro-managed. Rather, when given a specific task, I can figure out the best ways to solve the problem in an autonomous manner."
9. Strong Personal Values
"I am someone who is mature, candid and who has integrity. Every day I work to improve myself and my skills which is part of maturing and becoming better at what I do."
10. Accountable
I take responsibility for my actions and when things go wrong I don't look to outside forces to blame, rather I'm someone who looks at where I can improve upon the next time around.
 
11. Self-Determined
I am someone who has an unwavering resolve. I am determined to do well in my job and am determined to have a successful career as well as make the company I work for more competitive.
12. Driven to Excellence
I am someone who has been able to not only meet my employer's expectations, but I would describe myself as a person who has consistently exceeded those markers.
13. Results Oriented and Pragmatic
I have a desire to produce results. I am the type of person who meet challenges head-on rather than sweep them under the rug and hope they go away. While I'm an optimistic person, I am also realistic about the current situation and how satisfactory or unsatisfactory it is."
14. Community Minded Team Player
I am committed to building something larger and who puts aside personal gain for the well-being of the group.
 
15. Resolute and Decisive
I am someone who demonstrates an unwavering resolve to do whatever must be done to produce the best long-term results, no matter how difficult it is.
Words to Describe Yourself Professionally
If you've already been interviewed for a job, you know the question: What would you say is your best quality? It can be an uncomfortable question to answer, especially since you're already nervous about the interview. What do they want to hear? 
Giving below some Unique Adjectives to Use on a Resume 
Inventive, Exciting Thoughtful Powerful
Practical Proactive Productive Professional
Meticulous Quick Balanced Achiever
Knowledgeable Leader Diplomatic Logical
Initiator Original Outgoing Particular
Patient Active Positive Consistent
Compassionate Incredible Independent Precise
Mediator Emotional Cheerful Forgiving
Responsive Candid Industrious Cooperative 
Why It's Important to Know Your Strengths
Conversely, we're all pretty good at listing our faults and failings. It's as if people don't dare to ask the question, "What's good about me?" 
If this describes you, then it's even more important for you to do this exercise. Words are powerful! If you come up with a list of your best traits, even if it feels awkward to do so, you'll start believing them! This confidence will help you out in both your career and your personal life. 
Optimistic  Accomplished Adept Analytical
Articulate Artistic Self-Disciplined Controversial
Individual Tolerant Reflective Participatory
Unselfish Sophisticated Committed Strong
Successful Diplomatic Talented Team player
Fun Intelligent Changeable Passionate
Intense Intuitive Upbeat Vibrant
Funny Constructive Hard-Working Dependable
Direct Collaborative Loyal Engaged
Empathetic Observant Thoughtful 
There's nothing wrong with shyness, but you may feel that it holds you back from participating fully. Maybe there have been times when you wished you'd been more assertive. Explain that you're working on speaking up more and overcome your fear of offending others.
Ok, now with a little thinking and reflection these traits could provide insights into your best qualities. For example, a controlling person might have a hard time asking for help. Have you ever wished you'd accepted an offer of help from a friend or co-worker? Are you aware of the benefits of not always being in charge? If so, you're looking for opportunities to let go and work with others for better results.

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...