Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Lord is my shepherd

The Lord is my shepherd


Have you ever seen a rich man's son begging on the street for food or money? I was born and brought up in a financially good family. I never remember a day when I went out and beg for food in the street. Whenever I feel hungry I ask my Mom. She would prepare good food for me. Snacks and cookies were stored always in the kitchen. Just go and eat whenever there is a feeling of hunger. That was the custom in our family.

I just want to remind you that never you will see a rich man's son begging at the street for food or money in your lifetime unless there are any conflicts between the father and the son. If the son is obedient and lovable, his rich father will take care of all the needs of his son. The father will worry about his child. Not the son. That is what David says "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

When he was running away from the Palace of King Saul and when he was followed by the King and his army in the wilderness, he was not afraid. He had put his trust in his heavenly father. He had the assurance that God will take care of him. He put his trust in the promise of God that one day he would rule Israel. He had the anointing. If you have the assurance from the Lord, no need to afraid. God will take care of your needs.

Who is your shepherd? That is the question! Who is my shepherd? Who is your shepherd? We have shepherds in our life. We follow our shepherd. Where we are going and what we are doing shows our shepherd. Where we are going in our daily life. Who is guiding us? Who is leading us in our daily life? Is he a good shepherd? The path we are taking in our daily life shows who is leading us.

The Good Shepherd.


I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice." Jesus used this figure of speech, but they did not understand what he was telling them.

Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

My God My Lord

My Heart yarns for you O, God!  My Heart yarns for you.

You are my fortress.  You are my hiding place.

You are my pride O God.  You are awesome.

I take refuge in your shelter.

My heart wanted to live for you.

You are my Guide.

You are my provider.

You are my King

You are my Saviour.

You take away my sorrows.

You give faith.

Your loving kindness endures forever.

Your compassion is greater than what I found in this world.

My deliverance come from you!

Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

LORD my God, I take refuge in you

My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart.

God is a righteous judge.

God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.

Arise, LORD! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless.

God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

Look on me and answer, LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,

The LORD looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

God is present in the company of the righteous.

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.

I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears

You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.

As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

In you, LORD my God, I put my trust.

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...