Saturday, February 24, 2018

Soul, Spirit and Body

Soul, Spirit and Body

To understand what is Soul, Spirit and body, you must understand the separation of the spirit from the flesh. To know how this works, we must know how we, ourselves, are made. The Bible states that we, as humans beings are made in the image of God. To understand this, we must know what God is. The Bible states three immutable things about God: 1st God is Spirit, 2nd God is invisible and 3rd God is immortal. If we are made in His image, then we are spirit, we are invisible, and we are immortal. Therefore, when we look into a mirror we do not see our real selves. We see only the body, or earthen vessel, in which we live. Since we are all made in the image of God, we would all be mirror images of one another without our earthly, physical bodies. Therefore, we were given a soul to separate us from one another to make us an individual.


The animals in this world also have a soul. The only difference between their souls and ours is that our soul belongs to the spirit. Their souls belongs to the body. When their body perishes, their souls perishes with it. When our body perishes, the soul remains with the spirit. When the spirit was lifted from my body, my soul came with it. I suppose the simplest way to identify the soul would be to say that it is one's personality. The entire time I was away from my body I remained an individual, that is, I retained my own personality. I retained all my faculties. In fact, they were greatly enhanced.


When a spirit communicates with the spirit of man which has been separated from the physical body, the communication is always done via telepathy to the unconscious mind. The physical man is not aware of his unconscious mind while he is in the physical state, but when he is separated from the physical, it is his unconscious mind that he uses. The unconscious mind of man has all of the attributes of the Image of God. Man's mind is in tow states- the conscious mind is the physical state, and the unconscious mind of man is the spiritual state. For man to move anywhere between these two state is what is called “an altered state of consciousness.”



by Howard O. Pittman

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...