Saturday, October 5, 2019

BUILDING ON THE ROCK

BUILDING ON THE ROCK

As I closed my eyes this morning to pray I immediately found myself looking at a man on a ski jump. I watched the man push off at the top of the ramp leaning forward to streamline his body. The man came down the ski ramp at great speed coming off the end he soared into the air with a great ease and poise and landed perfectly racing  down past the finish line. I then heard the loudspeaker announcing that this man had broken the speed record. As I watched another man prepared himself to make a run down the ski jump. It was then that I noticed the snow was melting really fast I thought Oh No! its no longer safe to make the jump the snow is too soft now. I tried to warn the man but he could not hear me and he began to make his run he too, coming down the ramp at great speed. As he approached the bottom of the ramp he caught one of his skis on the side of the ramp, he soared into the air but began to somersault losing control he finally hit the snow with great force but because the snow was melting it was only a few inches in depth, the man hit the ground with a sickening thud breaking his legs. The snow continued to melt revealing huge rocks and crevices underneath. Where once a smooth pathway of snow carpeted the valley there was now only rocks and dangerous crevices.
It was then I noticed Jesus standing at my side; he spoke saying “the times that lie ahead will change rapidly, there is very little time left for what you call smooth sailing". You must mature quickly before the snow melts, referring to change bringing perilous times.
2 Timothy 3:1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
It was then the scène changed and I saw two houses which were Identical, one had been built on sand and the other on rocks, the implications was very clear as the scriptures came to me about not building on sand. It was then heard a sound I could not identify, it sounded a bit like a freight train racing towards me and I wondered what this was, when suddenly rain hit me with such a force it almost knocked me over, the rain was horizontal accompanied by a great wind. The sound was deafening and there was very little warning that it was coming. After a while the storm eased a little and when I looked towards where the houses has been, one house was totally demolished and the other was still standing. The words of scripture tumbled thought my mind with great force.
Matthew 7:24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
The Lord again spoke; “hear my words and obey them, there must come an emphasis on hearing MY WORDS" as the Lord said this I had a clear understand that He was talking about the words HE had spoken in the scriptures. The Lord continued; “your life must be founded and built upon obedience to My Words, they are the foundation stones that will secure you in the days ahead. Most Christians will study anything but my words, the words that I spoke were the foundation for which would follow in the New Testament. The epistles of my servant Paul were built upon the words I spoke, know and obey the words that I have spoken and live”.
I was reminded of what Jesus said about His Words in John.
John 6:63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
And again, 
John 14:10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
The words of the Sermon on the Mount began to pass through my mind and I thought you rarely hear teaching on what Jesus said in Matthew 5. Perilous times are coming, I was amazed how quickly the snow melted and total change occurred. We are living at the end of the end of time and we need to be diligent in our walk with the Lord and begin to obey His sayings; Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them.  The only constant in the world we live in is that of change, and its happening more quickly than most realize.
Ephesians 5:15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Blessings
Neville Johnson July 15, 2008

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...