Saturday, October 5, 2019

Where are you going - A prophetic experience July 8th 2008

Where are you going - A prophetic experience  July 8th  2008

The way ahead seemed pleasant and inviting as I walked down a narrow but well formed road. The light was invigoration with a quality of life that seemed to defy explanation.  I felt that this journey held the promise of good and exciting things.  The Lord suddenly appeared and walked at my side for some time without speaking, eventually I said “Lord where are we going?” He looked at me and said; the question should be where are you going? 

 I was a little startled by this remark. When the Lord asks one a question it is not because he looking for an answer as He knows all things, He is trying to get us to evaluate something. I pondered this for quite a while. I summoned all my insight and past experience in dealing with life trying to summarize what I really wanted but found that I could not give a clear well defined articulate answer. I mumbled something about wanting to finish my course and accomplish all that He had given me to do in this life; I knew this was an inadequate answer so I decided not to say anything more.  The road widened into a broad open park like setting a river flowed on my left side and for some reason I knew that this river had purpose and was very confident of fulfilling its purpose. I thought that is strange rivers don’t have a conscious purpose; or do they?


My mind wandered to a story I read as a child called “Alice in Wonderland” In this story everything seemed to defy the natural well established laws of rational life and living. Rivers don’t have a conscious purpose, I know that! Suddenly I became conscious of sitting at my desk looking out of the window at the rain falling. I thought, did I fall asleep and was I dreaming, where was I?  I closed my eyes to pray and instantly I was standing with the Lord again in the park. The Lord said; you know that in the realm of spirit the laws are different to your physical world, I said yes Lord, The lord continued. Everything in my kingdom has a purpose, everything I created is linked to me and obeys me, I command all things and by me all things continue to exist. You have taught many times that all of creation is alive and responds to your emotions mind and feelings and that all of creation exists to serve you. I said yes Lord, then why could this river not have a purpose which it understands. I felt a little embarrassed as I knew these things, but in this place everything was more alive than one could describe, it was as if what I knew in theory I was now experiencing in a realty that by far transcended mere knowledge.


Jesus continued, if this river has a purpose and continues to fulfill it, what about you?


Before I could speak He continued; most Christians in your world pass through life without any well defined purpose other that getting to heaven when they die. I thought that is true because I know most Christians struggle with finding Gods will for their lives.


We were now standing on the river bank and I sat down to think about what Jesus had just said. The river was crystal clear and seemed to be singing as it danced among colored stones on the river bed, it was exuding a sense of well being and joy which became almost intoxicating. I dipped my hand into the river and when I did; insight, understanding, and revelation exploded within me. It was as if I had touched a live wire that opened a door to understanding at a level I had never experienced before. In one moment EVERYTING became clear. The meaning of life seemed profound, yet simple, I found myself saying deep calleth unto deep at the noise of His waterspouts. Psalms 42:7


This was truly a river of life I knew that everything this river touched would live in such a way that meaning and purpose would become crystal clear.


The Lord looked at me and again said: where are you going? I said I am on a journey to become like you; the answer flowed from me with an ease and confidence that surprised me. I then thought yes, I knew that all along this is the prime quest to become like Jesus, why do we so quickly lose sight of this as the major purpose of our lives here on earth. Scriptures flowed through my mind as the river seemed to deposit them into my consciousness I began to see that if this was not our primary quest in this life we would not successfully fulfill our secondary callings which we call our ministry. We put the cart before the horse and wonder why we become frustrated. Life here on earth is designed for us in such a way that prepares us and enables us to be conformed to the image of Jesus. The trials, disappointments, failures, and sorrows, all serve to shape and groom us for our highest calling.  


Romans 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Colossians 3:10  And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: 


Millions of Christians eventual die and find themselves in heaven without fulfilling their purpose for being born into this world, even though they made it to heaven, their loss is great, God is looking for sons and daughters that have been conformed to His image while they were still living on Planet Earth. For these their eternal state and calling is far beyond an anything we could imagine with our finite minds. We all pass through this life living on this planet which is a planet designed to be hard enough to bring many sons to glory.


1 Corinthians 15:39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42So also is the resurrection of the dead.  


Paul the apostle saw the importance of being conformed to the Image of Jesus.


He knew that this life was only a school house for Sons of God; he knew the importance of graduating with honors.


Romans 8:18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,


End Note: Much of what I understood when I dipped my hand in the water I cannot now remember but I know that these insights are available to us as we continue to seek God and press into the realm in which He exists. NJ
Blessings
Neville Johnson. Tuesday, July 08, 2008

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...