Friday, October 4, 2019

Secrets of the Kingdom Part 18

Secrets of the Kingdom Part 18


The far reaching implications of Christmas
Hebrews 10:5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
7Then said I, Lo, I come in the volume of the book it is written of me, to do thy will, O God.
9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.


These scriptures speak of Jesus
A body was prepared for Him so that He could fulfil His mission on earth and in the ages to come. In one sense Christmas is happening constantly all over the world. Christmas is about incarnation, Jesus coming from heaven to live in a human body on this earth.


Jesus has always existed
Jesus did not come into existence in Bethlehem over 2000years ago. A statement he made to the Pharisees caused and uproar when He said.
John 8:58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am.


When Jesus said this, the people wanted to kill Him because He was saying that He was God. The phrase “I AM” was a name for God. When Moses said to God, “who will say has sent me” God said tell them I Am has sent you.
Exodus 3:13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.


The prophet Mica when prophesying about the first coming of Jesus said this.
Micah 5:2 But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, [though] thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.


Mica was saying the person who would be born in Bethlehem as a ruler has always existed
Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


The angel that appeared to Mary simply said this:
Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Mary was not the mother of God she was just the earthly container that nourished Him until birth. She was the human body that facilitated his birth


Mary was the body that was prepared for the incarnation of Jesus
Hebrews 10:5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.


Just as with Mary (a body) was prepared for Jesus for His incarnation, another body has been prepared a second body in order that Jesus may live on in this earth.
Hebrews 10:9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.


The first body which Jesus walked in on this earth was taken away to make room for a second body. Another body a second body had been prepared for God to live in and perform His will in the earth.


You see Christmas is about incarnation that would become an ongoing reality in this earth


A company of people who were of Greek origin came to the disciples and said “we would see Jesus” When the disciples told Jesus that these people wanted to see him, He said a seemingly strange thing.
John 12:21The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.
23And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.


Why did Jesus respond in this way ?
He was saying, when I have been crucified and have risen again I will live in all those who receive me. Then this company of Grecians will see me in you.


Christmas is about Jesus coming to earth in a human body so that He would be able to continue in the earth in many bodies and this corporate body would become known as “The Body of Christ”


No wonder the Angel said:  Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.


He took away the first body that he might establish the second
The essence of true Christianity is Christ in You: 
II Corinthians 13:5Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you,
Christmas; the greatest gift of all times
Romans 6:23For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
II Corinthians 9:15Thanks [be] unto God for his unspeakable gift.  
Colossains 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:


God Bless youN Johnson © Dec 20th 2007

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...