Saturday, October 5, 2019

Kingdom Mindset Part 3

Kingdom Mindset Part 3

We are called to carry the Glory of God but what does this mean
The Bible tells us that God is light, not only His substance but his power and his nature is manifest as light. God is called the Father of lights.

James 1:17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

The word light in this verse means to shine, especially by rays of light. Every good thing in this world comes down from God this way. Now we need to understand that God accomplishes this through His people in the earth. Moses asked God to show him His Glory, God thought about this request and said to Moses I will hide you in the cleft of a rock and cover you and when I pass by you will get a tiny glimpse of My glory.

Exodus 33:18And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.
19And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
21And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Moses asked to see the Glory of God; the word glory here is the Hebrew word kabowd  Which primarily means; honor and who a person is, ones nature, that which brings one honor. 

Moses was asking God what makes Him so honorable. What makes Him who He is?   God responds by saying this; 

Exodus 33:19And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

So God put hand over Moses hide him, and then took it away for a split second. What did Moses see?  Many times I have asked this question, what did Moses really see?  What he saw was the most horrible thing yet the most glorious thing ever. He saw Christ in God taking upon himself every sin known to man, every disease known to man; His back was laid bare with every sickness every corruption known to man. The ravages of the worst diseases were etched into His back. He saw Jesus so disfigured He was not longer recognizable as a person. Jesus suffered every disease known to man and the punishment of every sin.

What Moses saw was the great goodness of God who sent His only son to die a horrible death for mankind; God was showing Moses His goodness. Just a split second was all Moses could endure, God was saying to Moses this is what makes me honorable, this is my Glory, this is my Goodness, this is who I am, this is the kind of person I am.

Exodus 34:6And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

We are called to carry the Glory the goodness of God to this world; we are called to carry the healing light, the light of revelation and truth. It is our job to bring the goodness of God to this world. Jesus said this in John Chapter eight.

John 8:12Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jesus came to earth carrying the Glory of God the light of God the power of God

Luke 4:18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

NOW HE SAYS IT’S YOUR TURN
Matthew 5:14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Let your light shine, carry my goodness to the peoples of this world, let you light shine in this dark world.

You are called to carry the Glory the Goodness of God, that is your calling
The bible tells us that eventually Gods Glory or Goodness will fill the whole earth. After the Apostle James said every good and perfect gift comes down from the father of lights, he said this in the next verse.

James 1:18Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

James is saying that we who are borne of God are the first fruits, the first of a new creation a new species of people in the earth, a new creation and we are given the responsibility of carrying the Glory the Goodness of God to the rest of humanity,this is our prime calling.

There will be a generation of Christians who will carry Gods glory in its fullness and reap the final harvest, these are those spoken of by the prophet Isaiah in chapter 60.

Isaiah 60:1Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
4Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
5Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea  (humanity) shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
Blessings
Neville Johnson

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...