Friday, September 27, 2019

Going to the next level Part 1

Going to the next level  Part 1
Earlier this week while praying I had an experience that I have pondered on and sought the lord for understanding.
I was sitting in my office praying there was very quiet music playing in the background when slowly the room dissolved and I found myself standing on a high mountain, this happened without any effort on my part; it just happened!
As I looked out there was a row of mountains about 6 maybe 7 in a row with plain a in between each one, as I stared out at this scene I began to see that each mountain was connected by a very narrow bridge something like one of those narrow rope bridges about 3 feet wide with planks of wood forming the bridge. You could look down and see through the planks of wood right to the bottom of the plain below, the bridge was swaying slightly. Each bridge between the mountains ran from the top of each mountain to about halfway down the mountain in front. The first mountain was smaller than the second and so on right to the last mountain which was the largest. The first mountain had a certain amount of light emanating from it, the second mountain was a little brighter than the first, this continued with each successive mountain being brighter than the one before it until the last mountain was a blaze of glory so much that it was hard to actually see it. The thought crossed my mind, I must be dreaming! However I could still faintly hear the music playing in my study. I then saw that there were people crossing the bridges between the mountains, some were walking in trepidation holding on tightly others were walking easily over the bridges, however some were climbing the mountains other were walking across the plains between the mountains. The scene looked surreal and was deathly quiet I wondered why it was so quiet. I then found myself on the third mountain from the end, there were two mountains in front of me, I looked back and as I did the mountains behind me were being battered by a fierce wind and the sky was dark with very foreboding clouds, I thought I must keep moving forward. At this point I said “Lord was is this?”  I heard the Lord speak and say” there are many levels in your walk with me, there are peaks in each level and often my people stay at various levels and don’t go on, some take the long way climbing down one mountain and up another, this is not my purpose that this should happen! My people should go from one level to another without going down the one they are on”. The lord looked back and said “the tide of evil is coming in but my glory is increasing in the earth you must go on because the former levels are not adequate enough to withstand the tide of evil that is rising across the earth”.  When the Lord said this I understood that those who were still on the first few mountains could not see the light or glory coming from the mountains in front t of them because of the darkness that had overtaken them. I then heard these words; “For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,   But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,   To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.   Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire”
It was a quote from Hebrews chapter 12
Suddenly I became aware of my surroundings again. I immediately remembered a storm that had hit our house four days before. We live in the middle of a rain forest high up on the Blackall Mountain Range in South East Queensland There is always a lot of activity from the birds and mammals around us, earlier in the afternoon there were 6 kangaroos on the back lawn and about dozen parrots squawking over seed in the bird feeder, two eagles were soaring overhead it was just a lovely warm afternoon scene here. Suddenly it went very quiet, the birds stopped singing the kangaroos disappeared and it was deathly quiet. I went outside to see what was up and coming over the mountain were the most evil looking clouds I had ever seen, I looked at these black clouds which were coming in very fast and thought I must quickly secure anything loose lying around outside and shut all the windows.
Within less than a minute the storm hit, the wind was so high the rain was coming in horizontally, you could not see for more than a few feet ahead the rain was so heavy. The speed in which the storm came in, and the ferocity of it was astounding. It lasted about 15 minutes; we did not have any damage except for one of the lemon trees snapped in half. I said “Lord what was that all about?” The thing that caught my attention was the fact that one minute it was a beautiful day the next minute we were in a raging storm.
Everything is now being accelerated
We are in as season of great change and new beginnings, it is very important to recognize this. Times and seasons come and go, God moves in clear and defined seasons which end, resulting in a new beginning. We must discern this and move on into the new day.
1 Chronicles 12:32And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do;
Deuteronomy 2:3Ye have compassed this mountain long enough:
Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Romans 13:11And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
God Bless youN Johnson © October 2006

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...