Thursday, September 19, 2019

Part 12 Living in Christ or Adam Part 5 The New Creation Man The Phrases "In Christ, Christ in You, In Him"

Part 12 Living in Christ or Adam Part 5 The New Creation Man
The Phrases "In Christ, Christ in You, In Him"
is used often in the New Testament, in fact it occurs at least 224 times. This abundant use of these phrases gives us an indication of their importance.


Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Colossions 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Man originally was made in the image and likeness of God
The sum of God's condition was passed on to Adam

After Adam had fallen he had a son called Seth, Adam had taken on a new nature, a fallen nature and he passed it on to his son Seth; Note the terminology in this verse

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
When you were born again you received the sum total of Jesus, Gods perfect son.
You now have a choice to live "In Adam" or "In Christ"


2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Your spirit is a new creation you became a child of God in His image and likeness.
What does it mean to be IN Christ? We often use phrases without really comprehending there real meaning.
There are 15 different Greek meanings for the English word "IN"
This sounds a little daunting, but whenever the word "in" is used in conjunction with Christ, it is a particular Greek word that means "remaining within at rest".

The Greek word is ev Bullinger's Greek to English lexicon says this about this word IN. "a being, or remaining within with the emphasis on rest"
Now that is an interesting meaning for this word in this context.
If any man remains at rest within Christ he is a new creation. Christ is in you, you have to rest in that and let that new creation live its live though you.
When Jesus spoke about the relationship of Christians to Himself, He used the picture of the vine and the branches.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
We have to remain within Him at rest
Jesus is our example of this; He had to remain at rest Within His father.


John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
How do we do this?
  • Develop a conscious awareness of your new creation man. You can't yield to someone you are not aware of. There are at least 80 verses of scripture on Christ in you, or you in Christ.
  • Humility: Total dependence upon the Lord in you, with out Him you can do
    nothing, you have to depend upon the new life and nature you have been given, Christ in you.
  • Surrender: there has to be a willingness to give up your own will or self, you cannot be at rest in Him,without the surrender of your life, your will to the Lord.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
  • Lay down your life: There must be a willingness to give up anything that separates you from Him.
    This can be Sins, Idols, Associations, whatever puts a wall between the Lord and you.
  • Walk in Love: You must now without exception, walk in Love towards God and
    man.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
When Jesus walked this earth, He did the Fathers will. The will of Christ in you is now the Fathers will. Listen to His voice in your conscience and stay at rest in Him.
The question is often asked. What is the difference between Christ in us and you in Christ?
If you took a tumbler full of water and immersed it in a bucket of water, is the tumbler in the water or is the water in the tumbler?

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
When you are at rest in Christ in you, and you chose to allow Him to live His life through you, you become free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
This is a choice; don't yield your members, your body, your mouth, your emotions, your mind, and your will as instruments of wrong doing. Stop striving and be at rest in Him. By an act of will chose to let Jesus live through you, when you choose what is right, power, the spirit of life is released in you empowering you to walk in righteousness.

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
God Bless you
James N Johnson © 2005


No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...