Thursday, September 19, 2019

The Ark is Returning Part 7 Sensing the Anointing

The Ark is Returning Part 7
Sensing the Anointing
As the tabernacle of David is set up in our hearts, and the glory and power begins to flow out of us we have to learn how to handle this.

Cooperation with the Anointing and Glory is something we have to learn
We must learn to:
1)  Recognize the anointing
2)  Discern the purpose of the anointing
3)  Channel and release the anointing
Because much of Western Christianity is intellectually based, many have trouble understanding these requirements. The gap between knowledge and experience becomes a problem when we seek to move in the Holy Spirit. The evangelical concept that feelings are not important has caused a dearth in many churches.
Jesus was often deeply moved in the area of feelings
Matthew 14:14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
The Apostle Peter said this: 
2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Feeling is as important as knowing. When strong emotion is coupled with understanding it is a powerful force. You must be able to feel what God is saying to you and feel the anointing upon you.
The Prophet Elisha new when the anointing was on him and when it was not
2 Kings 3:15 But now bring me a minstrel. And it came to pass, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the LORD came upon him.
Elisha had to wait for the hand of the Lord, the anointing; to come upon him, and he knew when it came upon him.
The anointing can be sensed in different ways
1 Corintians 12:4  Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1 Corintians 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1 Corintians 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
 The context here is the Gifts of the Spirit. Each gift operates with a different anointing, each has a different feel.
In the middle of a crowd Jesus felt something leave his body
Mark 5:30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
The anointing is real it is tangible and we have to learn know what it feels like.
Recognizing the Anointing
1)
Jeremiah 5:14a Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire,  
Jeremiah 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
A feeling of fire or heat often accompanies the anointing
2)
Daniel 10:10 And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
There are times when I feel a hand on my shoulder which imparts an anointing to me. Sometimes the hand is angelic at other times it is the hand of the Lord. It nearly always causes a slight trembling.
3)
2 Samual 23:2 The spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.
This sometimes feels like your mouth is slightly larger or thicker, it is hard to describe but is a feeling one can learn and recognize.
The anointing can produce a feeling on your face, hands, and head; sometimes it feels like electricity going through you.  You have to learn to recognize and cooperate with the anointing.
The healing anointing will not get people baptized in the Holy Spirit
The teaching anointing will not heal the sick.
You have to learn by experience, by trial and error, by the teaching of the Holy Spirit what each anointing is for.
The anointing can be stored
Just as power can be stored in a battery, the power and anointing can be stored.
2 Kings 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.
The anointing was still in Elisha’s dead body.
Acts 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
Here the anointing was stored in the cloth
The anointing can be stored in the pages of a book or in the magnetic tape of a cassette. Sometimes the anointing is so strong all that is needed was to touch the clothes of Jesus Mark 5:27-30 Mark 6:56
The level of the anointing determines its conductivity
When the anointing begins to wane, prayer and fasting is needed to restore it again.
You need to keep your spirit strong and enlarged
Psalms 4:1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
2 Corintians 6:13 Now for a recompense in the same, I speak as unto my children, be ye also enlarged.
Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep your spirit strong and enlarged. There is an anointing for what God has given you to do, but you must keep your spirit strong in order to accommodate that anointing. Spend time in the Glory, the presence of the of the Lord, and the anointing will increase upon your life.
Remember that the level of the Glory determines the level of the anointing as you spend time in the Glory, the presence of the Lord you prepare the way for greater anointing to come upon you.
Ephesians 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
God Bless you
James N Johnson © 2005

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...