Thursday, September 19, 2019

Part 10 Living in Christ or in Adam Part 2 Christ in you the Hope of Glory

Part 10 Living in Christ or in Adam Part 2
Christ in you the Hope of Glory

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
This could read Christ in you the hope of GOODNESS.
When Moses said to God show me your glory, God caused all his goodness to pass before Moses.

Exodus 33:18 And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.
19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
Christ is us is the only hope we have of any goodness being found in us
We are saved by grace and we are made holy by His grace.


Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
It is only as we yield to Christ in our spirit, or to put it another way, it only as we allow Him (Jesus) to live His life through us can we walk in the goodness or glory of the lord.
How is Jesus in Us
We talk about inviting Jesus into our heart, but what does that mean, in what way is He in us?


1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
We were born again when a seed entered into our spirit. What is this seed?
701. spora, spor-ah'; from G4687; a sowing, i.e. (by impl.) parentage:--seed.
The spore or sperma of God
The Apostle John puts is this way.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
The word seed here is 4690. sperma, sper?-mah; from G4687; something sown, i.e. seed (includ. the male "sperm"); by impl. offspring; spec. a remnant (fig. as if kept over for planting):--issue, seed.
The very seed of God was imparted to your spirit when you were born again. This seed cannot be corrupted, and just as the DNA of a plant is in the seed and will bring forth an exact copy of that plant, and as the DNA of a man is in his seed, and that which is born of it comes forth in the likeness of the man. The very DNA of God was placed into your spirit and in that DNA is a perfect Christ, you became a son of God.
The only hope of Goodness we have is that which we received in the seed of Christ which we received at the new birth.
Cloning
Cloning has become a reality today and gives some insight and understanding into 1 John 3:9

On January 8, 2001, scientists at Advanced Cell Technology, Inc., announced the birth of the first clone of an endangered animal, a baby bull gaur (a large wild ox from India and southeast Asia) named Noah. Although Noah died of an infection unrelated to the procedure, the experiment demonstrated that it is possible to save endangered species through cloning.
Cloning is the process of making a genetically identical organism through nonsexual means. It has been used for many years to produce plants (even growing a plant from a cutting is a type of cloning). Animal cloning has been the subject of scientific experiments for years, but garnered little attention until the birth of the first cloned mammal in 1997, a sheep named Dolly. Since Dolly, several scientists have cloned other animals, including cows and mice. The recent success in cloning animals has sparked fierce debates among scientists, politicians and the general public about the use and morality of cloning plants, animals and possibly humans.
Scientists have experimented with animal cloning, but have never been able to stimulate a specialized (differentiated) cell to produce a new organism directly. Instead, they rely on transplanting the genetic information from a specialized cell into an unfertilized egg cell whose genetic information has been destroyed or physically removed.
It is not my purpose here to discuss the ethics of cloning; I use this example to give some clarity as to what really happened when the seed of Jesus was implanted into your spirit.
John said the seed that was placed into your spirit at the new birth is incorruptible and cannot sin; this is because it is part of God who is perfect.
This transplanting of new genetic material into our spirit at the new birth, and the destruction of the old spiritual genetic patterns we received from Adam is a wonderful work of God in us. If the old genetic material is not destroyed you would have a mixture and become somewhat schizophrenic. This is where most Christians unfortunately live. This is what the Apostle Paul was talking about in Romans Chapter 7.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: (our spirit)
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Paul here is describing a battle between two powers warring for supremacy within him. This highlights the truth that unless the old pattern is put to death it will continue warring against the new Life or seed of Christ within us.
Now as our will is a very powerful and controlling part of our soul, we have to choose to put to death our own desires surrendering our will to the will of God.
This is a choice and not an act of "will power" When Jesus died on the cross He legally brought to an end the old Adamic race it was crucified with Him.
Now the Choice is Yours
Just as Adam originally had a choice of who he would serve, so do we. If we accept that the old Adamic man has been put to death and we can now live from our spirit which has the seed of God in it, not allowing our soul with its mind, emotion and will to reassume control, we will begin to walk from or in the spirit or life of this new creation.


Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death
Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ?s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
We now have to walk in the new man, walk in the spirit
To do this you have to know by revelation or by the quickening of the Holy Spirit, and believe that your Old Adamic man has been put to death


Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
The power and nature of the old sinful man has been put to death if you know it and believe it.

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
The word reckon; in this verse means to count on it. It's a fact so count on it.
If you choose to obey God and yield your will to His will, the old nature has no power over you and will remain dead. In your fallen Adamic nature, you don't have to try to be bad, you are bad! In your new nature you don't have to try to be good you are good.

You have to choose which nature will live through you and stop being schizophrenic. When you choose to allow the new Man to live through you, a power is released (the law or power of life) this power overcomes the old man and causes you to live in new man.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
When you chose to live by the new man, the spirit of life keeps the old man dead.
It's not by works it's by choice and grace.
Meditate on these things, ask the Holy Spirit to make them life to you and as the revelation of these things take hold of you a new life like a fountain will rise within you causing you to walk in newness of life
God Bless you
James N Johnson © 2005

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...