Saturday, September 21, 2019

Taking Hold of Your Destiny Part 5 Knowing your destiny depends upon how badly you want to know it

Taking Hold of Your Destiny  Part  5
Knowing your destiny depends upon how badly you want to know it
Often I am asked the question,” how do I find what God has called me to”?
However the answer to this is not what most Christians want to hear. The real question is how serious are you about this? How badly do you want to know?
Remember anything that comes cheaply will not last
You must set your heart to know, you must seek, fast, knock, pray. How serious are you about this? 
Jeremiah 29:13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
 I’ve heart it said, “if God shows me I will do it” I have news for you with this attitude you will never know it.
Proverbs 8:17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
 Early  Hebrew: 7223.; from H7221; first, in place, or time . This word has the meaning; well before day break. When was the last time you denied yourself sleep because you needed to find God. If you seek Him early you will find Him
Hosea 5:15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.
We must seek the Lord until we know our destiny, until we have some understanding of why we were sent into this earth at this time.
DEFINE YOUR PURPOSE
General goals can never be accomplished, get specific! It is important to know what God has given you to do.
GATHER ESOURCES
You need to gather the resources you will need to accomplish your goal. Get the training you need. Prepare, prepare, prepare, has God called you to head up a cell group in these end-times? Prepare material, good material the coming harvest will bring countless multitude into the kingdom of God, resources will run out, we will run out of bibles books and other Good material. Prepare now, Joseph saw what was coming and prepared to meet the crises when it came. Whatever God has called you to, you must prepare now while you can, before the opportunity passes.
STAY FOCUSED ON YOUR PUPOSE IN LIFE
People make mistakes some of little consequence other of great consequence, but remember any failure can become redemptive, every loss can be turned into good fruit that will be multiplied. Come back to your purpose refocus and press on, forgetting those things which are behind.
Philemon 3:13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Stay focused and be patient, let God unfold to you the stages needed to achieve your goal and purpose. Streamline you life get rid of the things that are not important to your purpose, things which waste your time. Busyness often leads to baroness; we can be so busy that we miss the important, separate the good from the essential. There are many good things we can do, but you need to focused into the specifics God has given you.
Acts 20:24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
Surround yourself with the right people, get negative people out of your life, separate yourself from jealous people you don’t have time for that nonsense. Be a person of faith and vision.
Why did the mantle fall upon Elisha? 
1 Kings 19:19So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth: and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him.
He was plowing with 12 yoke of oxen, why does the scripture mention this? This was no half hearted effort in plowing, normally you would plow with two yoke of oxen.
If Elisha is like this in his secular employment, what would he be like working in the Kingdomof God, Diligence whole-heartedness is required, I have found many Christians are real babies when it comes to sacrifice and pain. If you don’t turn up when you are roistered to be in the nursery on Sunday because you have a bad headache you are lacking in grit, come on! you will still be alive the next day.
Responsibility, commitment, faithfulness, people want to be missionaries but they don’t come to church because they have a headache, give us a break!
1 Timothy 1:12And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
Elisha burnt his bridges behind him, burning his plow and oxen. He streamlined his life and became single minded.
1 Corinthians 16:13Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
Hebrews 6:15And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
2 Timothy 4:5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
God Bless youJames N Johnson © 2005

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...