Thursday, September 19, 2019

The Ark is Returning Part 8 Releasing and Increasing the Anointing

The Ark is Returning Part  8
Releasing and Increasing the Anointing
The release and increase of the anointing depends on a number of factors.
Obedience
God does not anoint us and then turn us loose to do what we wish with it. The anointing is given to do Gods will in the earth. We may in rebellion go our own way but the anointing on us will wane or we will be deceived into crossing to the dark side where the anointing becomes an occult power. This is what happened to Satan after his fall.

If the healing anointing is present we need to discern how God wants this manifest. i.e. through the laying on of hands, or anointing with oil, or by the word of knowledge. Sometimes God wants us to pray en-mass for all the people at one time.
We have to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in order to release the anointing.
Words
Words release the power of the Holy Spirit to do what He has decided to do.

Matthew 8:7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The spoken word releases the anointing.
The centurion then said this:
Matthew 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
This centurion had an understanding of authority that few Christians have
Note:
Matthew 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
Matthew 8:13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.
This centurion new that authority was exercised by the spoken word. The Holy Spirit is empowered by our words or agreement and so is Satan.
Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Phases and Optimum
If we are faithful with what God gives us it will increase. There are phases we go through and each phase has an optimum level of anointing. You will have a certain level of anointing, lets say 10 volts, as you are faithful with this the flow will increase to another level or phase.

In each phase there is an optimum level of the anointing. The idea is to operate in each phase at the optimum level. To keep at the optimum level, prayer fasting is required or it will wane.
Jesus did not say if you fast, He said when you fast, it was taken for granted that you understood that fasting was a way of life.
Matthew 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Charles Finney carried an incredible anointing particular the anointing of the Fear of the Lord. Wherever he went the fear of the Lord would fall upon the people.
But Charles Finney said this:  “Sometimes I find myself in a great measure, empty of this power. I would set aside a time for prayer and fasting until the power would return upon me”
The release of the anointing can be hindered by the receptivity of the people
When Jesus was in His own home town this was the case.
Mark 6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
Now Jesus had the Spirit upon Him without measure, yet all he could do was heal a few people with the laying on of hands
Note at the end of this chapter Jesus went to Gennesaret, see the difference.
Luke 6:17 And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;
18 And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.
19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.
The difference here was in the hunger and receptivity of the people
Even Jesus was limited to the receptivity of the people.
It is a known fact that the majority of inventions in the earth over the last two centuries where by those who where Christians.
In the Old Testament during the building and equipping of the Tabernacle of Moses, God anointed people with creative abilities and widow to do the work.
Exodus 31:2 See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah:
3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,
4 To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass,
5 And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.
When the Golden candlestick was made, it was made out of one piece of Gold with hollow pipes that fed the oil, even unto today they do not know how that was made.
There is an anointing for everything God has called you to do. Engineers, Scientists, Business men, Housewives and Mothers, etc. Seek God for an anointing to do what God has given you to do and you will amazed at the response of God, He will anoint you with a power that will take you beyond your natural abilities.
Let me tell you a story:  A few years ago I was stripping down a motor vehicles engine. I was very very careful to lay out each part in order on a large metal tray as I dismantled it. After 2 hours I had hundreds of parts laid out in the order they were to go back, along with some new parts and a great number of bolts and washers. I figured that I had about 3 hours left to put everything back together. Then it happened; I turned around and kicked the tray sending parts scattering all over the place. I looked at the heap of parts which were totally scrambled and said Lord I can never put this back together.  I said Lord I need this car tomorrow and soon it will be dark and it also looks like that it is going to rain, Lord help me. As I said lord help me! A warm shower began to flow over me; it was as if I had literally stepped into a shower.  I looked down at the parts and I knew where each part had to go and in what order. How I knew this I can’t tell you I just knew. It was one of those moments when time stood still and I just knew. I put that engine back together in half the time it took me to strip it, and it started first time. What had just happened was beyond my natural capability, but the anointing made it possible.
I have a friend who is a prophet and a farmer. One day he was using an acetylene torch to cut through a piece of metal on a tractor. As he began to cut the metal it heated up on either side by about 9 inches and was glowing red. As he cut though the metal one end fell off and purely out of instinct he caught the metal in his hand. As his hand closed on the metal you could here ssssss as the red hot metal burned through his hand. He dropped the metal and as he did he felt the anointing surge through him, he felt no pain and when he opened his hand there was not a mark on it.  The spirit of might had clothed him, just as the three Hebrew Children were clothed with it in the fiery furnace.
Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
God Bless you
James N Johnson © 2005

No comments:

Embracing Free Will: Navigating Temptation and Choice

I questioned God why I was born without the inclination to sin. His response was clear: the choice to sin or not lies with me. Adam, too, wa...